Week 8: October 5-9
Monday, October 5
- WN Prompt: Read "Science Shows Something Surprising about People Who Love to Write" and respond to it. What do you think about writing? What do you think about the article?
- Explain Argument Writing terminology.
- Watch video to introduce argument.
- Learn how to organize an argumentative essay using the house outline.
- Outline "Cats Make the Ideal House Pet."
- Look at example outline if you need help.
Tuesday, October 6
- Analyze author moves in "Science Shows Something about People Who Love to Write"
- Finish outlining Cats article from yesterday using the House Outline (linked above)
Wednesday, October 7
- After reading about ice cream in "Candy and Me" by Hilary Liften, write about your favorite ice cream. Or, if you were any ice cream flavor, what would you be and why?
- Outline "The Hazards of Moviegoing" with house outline. (linked above)
- Look at the completed outline if you need help.
Thursday, October 8
- WN: add evidence and counterargument to your initial writing about the benefits of writing.
- Finish house outline for "The Hazards of Moviegoing" (linked above).
- Begin traditional outline. Transfer the information from your house outline into the traditional outline.
- Look at completed outline examples if you need help.
Friday, October 9
- Check Writer's Notebook (2 pages due)
- Finish traditional outline of "The Hazards of Moviegoing."