Week 2: August 28-September 1
Monday, August 28
- Writer's Notebook due in class today.
- Set up Writer's Notebooks and do the first prompt.
- Introduction to Close Reading
Tuesday, August 29
- Summarizing and Central Idea
Wednesday, August 30
- Summarizing & Paraphrasing
Thursday, August 31
- Writer's Notebook Prompt
- Read 1 of the One Minute Mysteries and try to solve it using the different types of inferences
- Read "They Might Be Dangerous" and record any inferences you make
Friday, September 1
- Writer's Notebook Prompt-on powerpoint
- Practice making inferences with the powerpoint
- Read "The Flowers" and use the Inference Question Page to guide your reading.
- As a group, use the "Who Dunnit?" packet (Detective Report, Investigator Report, Medical Examiner Report, & Witness Statement) to solve the mystery by making inferences.