Week 7: February 29-March 4
Monday, February 29
- Finish and turn in Choosing to Participate worksheet from last week.
- Writer's Notebook Prompt
- Say Something reading strategy with chapter 9
Tuesday, March 1
- Commas mini lesson: revise in stories written yesterday in Writer's Notebook
- Read chapter 10
- Exit Card: How has Hiram changed in chapters 9-10? Do you think he is still acting like a bystander? Give a specific example of his behavior to back up your opinion.
Wednesday, March 2
- Read chapter 11
- Writer's Notebook Activity: Newspaper Article
- Practice integrating each type of comma use in your article
Thursday, March 3
- Writer's Notebook Prompt: Watch Wreck it Ralph video and respond to this question: Is it dangerous that we usually laugh about stereotypes and tend to believe most of them?
- Head, Heart, and Hands activity
Friday, March 4
- Check Writer's Notebooks (2 pgs due)
- Quiz on chapters 8-11 of Mississippi Trial, 1955
- Read chapter 12 or practice commas