Week 4: September 7-11
Monday, September 7
- Labor Day
- NO SCHOOL! Whoohoo!
Tuesday, September 8
- Writer's NB prompt: Flash Fiction
- Elements of Fiction: Theme
- Read the poem "There will come Soft Rains" by Sara Teasdale. Can you tell what the short story that Ray Bradbury titled after this poem will be about before reading it?
- Read the Bradbury story "August 2026: There Will Come Soft Rains".
- Complete the Theme worksheet. Follow all of the steps to discover what the theme of the short story is.
- On the second page of the worksheet, identify how the other elements of fiction (like plot, setting, and characters) influence the theme.
Wednesday, September 9
- Writer's NB prompt.
- Continue and finish reading and worksheet from Tuesday. ^^^^^^^
Thursday, September 10
- ACT Explore set up
- Review Elements of Fiction.
Friday, September 11
- Check 2 pages in Writer's Notebook at the beginning of class.
- Silent read at beginning of class. (Keep working through those 200 pages!)
- Review for Elements of Fiction test next week. Finish theme and plot worksheets for "There will come soft rains."