Week 8: March 7-11
Monday, March 7
- Writer's Notebook Prompt: Argument Writing Practice
- Read chapter 13 independently.
- Write an argument paragraph stating which of our themes is the most prominent in this chapter. Use evidence from the book for proof.
Tuesday, March 8
- Mini lesson: Dashes. Analyze mentor sentences. Revise additional sentences to contain dashes in your Writer's Notebook.
- Gallery Pass Activity
Wednesday, March 9
- Chapter 14 with close reading strategy
- Exit Card: Which passage in the text would you consider most important to the book? Why? How does it shape the message of the book? Copy it down on your notecard with the page number.
Thursday, March 10
- Mini lesson: Ellipses
- Respond to the question you received in your Writer's Notebook
- Speed Dating Discussion Strategy with questions
Friday, March 11
- Check Writer's Notebook (2 pages)
- Quiz Chapters 12-14
- Read chapter 15