Week 6: September 21-25
Monday, September 21
- WN Prompt
- Scary Character Vignette: Analyze mentor texts, choose a picture from As the City Sleeps, Decide on 2 product goals, write your character vignette.
Tuesday, September 22
- Active/Passive Voice. Watch video, then analyze how the scary character mentor texts (from yesterday) use passive voice.
- Continue writing Scary Character Vignettes.
- Draw picture of scary character.
Wednesday, September 23
- Read "The Haunted." Write about a place that is fine during the day but scary at night.
- Finish writing Scary Character Vignette.
- Finish illustration.
Thursday, September 24
- Active/Passive Voice in mentor texts. Look at the mentor sentences for help when writing your own passive sentence.
- Begin writing Scary Setting Vignette: analyze mentor texts, decide on 2 product goals, begin writing.
Friday, September 25
- Check Writer's NB pages (2 pages due)
- Continue writing Scary Setting Vignette