Week 6: April 25-29
Monday, April 25
- Read chs 10-11 of The Giver
- Sustained Silent Reading
- Pass out Reading Verification slips
Tuesday, April 26
- Quill: Grammar Practice
- Go to quill.org/account/new
- Sign up using the SAME USERNAME and PASSWORD you use to sign into the Chromebooks
- Where it says “Join a Class” enter: fine-silver
- On your homepage will be a long list of assigned activities. Pick one that you think you need to work on and click Start Lesson on the right side of the screen.
- Complete the lesson. You must type in your answers perfectly so be careful. The website will tell you when you have done it correctly.
- Work through as many lessons as you can today!
- Read chs 12-13 of The Giver
Wednesday, April 27
- Writer's Notebook Prompt: Pretend you are The Giver. Share a memory of happiness and a memory of pain. These memories can be your own or can belong to other people. Just as Lois Lowry does in her novel, use sensory details and figurative language to describe both memories.
- Close Reading Practice. Take practice SAGE test.
- Read chs 14-15 of The Giver
Thursday, April 28
- Compare/Contrast Utopian Societies Worksheet
- Close Reading Assessment
- Read chs 16-17 of The Giver
Friday, April 29
- Listening Practice with Kahootz
- Read chs 18-20 of The Giver