Week 4: November 16-20
Monday, November 16
- Power Write: Books, Leaves, and Suitcases
- Allusions in The Outsiders
- Read Chapter 5 of The Outsiders in class
Tuesday, November 17
- Participles: Take notes in the back of your Writer's Notebook
- Annotate and Discuss "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost in relation to The Outsiders
- Finish reading chapter 5 of The Outsiders
Wednesday, November 18
- WN Prompt: Read the book Someday by Eileen Spinelli. Follow the writing pattern and write about your own someday.
- Read and annotate Chapter 6 of The Outsiders in class
- Diagram plot of The Outsiders
Thursday, November 19
- WN Prompt
- Participles. Linked above.
- Finish plot diagram
- Finish chapter 6
- HOMEWORK: READ CHAPTER 7
Friday, November 20
- Check Writer's Notebooks (2 Pages)
- Discuss chapter 7
- Watch youtube video clip. How can Arn Chom Pond's story relate to The Outsiders? What are the common themes? How did choosing dialogue help Arn Chom Pond? How can it help you? How did it help the characters in The Outsiders?