Week 3: August 31-September 4
Monday, August 31
- Book check at the beginning of class. You must bring a personal reading book to class today.
- Answer Writer's NB prompt.
- Elements of fiction: Dramatic Irony lesson. Watch movie clips, looking for the dramatic irony.
Tuesday, September 1
- DRP test (Degrees of Reading Power Test)
Wednesday, September 2
- Finish DRP test
- Silent reading day. Start working on your 200 pages!
Thursday, September 3
- WN Prompt.
- Reader's Theater of "One Night Stand[off]" by Louis L'Amour.
- Complete dramatic irony assignment.
Friday, September 4
- Check Writer's NB page-ONLY ONE PAGE DUE THIS WEEK
- Review elements of fiction by watching "Dug's Special Mission" and filling out the graphic organizer.