Week 2: August 24-28
Monday, August 24
- Finish your response to Friday's Writer's Notebook prompt, then answer the question at the bottom of the prompt.
- Fill out a personal Pyramid of Needs. Fill in each level with what you need to survive; start with the most important at the bottom and work your way up.
- Mini-lesson on Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Learn how to survive and thrive in Mrs. Miller's class. Read through the infographic.
Tuesday, August 25
- Read the excerpt "Candy Corn" from Candy and Me by Hilary Liftin. Then respond to the Writer's Notebook prompt. Write at least half a page in complete sentences.
- Elements of fiction: Foreshadowing lesson. Watch foreshadowing video clip. (There will be an ad you need to close before you can see the video).
- Read The Stranger by Chris Van Allsburg and complete 1st page of "Read Like a Detective" worksheet. I have a copy of The Stranger in my classroom.
Wednesday, August 26
- After Reading an Excerpt from "Autobiography of a Face", respond to the Writer's Notebook prompt. Write at least half a page in complete sentences.
- Closely read the "The Landlady" by Roald Dahl. Then complete the 2nd page of the "Read Like a Detective" worksheet.
Thursday, August 27
- Respond to the Writer's Notebook prompt and review the capitalization rules.
- In your WN, write a crime report that answers the following prompt about "The Landlady": A crime has been committed! What was it, and who was the culprit? After reading "The Landlady" by Roald Dahl, write a short crime report that states the crime and who is responsible. Make sure to support your claim with evidence from the text. Use the outline included under the prompt for help if needed.
- Watch YouTube video of The Stranger and look for the foreshadowing clues.
Friday, August 28
- 2 full pages in your Writer's Notebook are due.
- Library orientation